YotaLeds.com V2 4Runner LED Grille Lights and Wiring Harness Installation Guide
Please reference the following installation guide to install your new LED Grille Lights, Wiring Harness and Brackets for your 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner. Professional installation is always highly recommended.
We are not liable for any damage to your vehicle or otherwise that may occur.
After installation, be sure to post a photo on social media! Please tag us at @ToyotaLeds and use #ToyotaLeds on Instagram so we can repost your photo!
- Laser Cut, Black Anondonized Mounting Brackets
- Your Selection of Amber or White LED Lights
- Complete insulated wiring harness
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- Round File
- 10mm Socket
4Runner LED Grille Lights Step by Step Installation
1. Open your 4Runner’s hood – remove the radiator cover by removing the 13 push button retainer clips. Gently push down on the plastic retainer clips on the radiator cover to pop them off. You’ll reuse these snaps when you put your radiator cover back on, so keep them somewhere safe. Be careful as these may fall into the engine bay and be difficult to retrieve. This will now give you access to the area behind the grille for the LED installation.
2. Lay out the wiring harness behind the grille – each LED bracket is designed to fit flush with your 5th Gen Grille.
Start with the passenger side LED, separating the LED from the bracket and mounting hardware so that the LED and Bracket can be passed through the grille from the back.
3. Secure the LEDs with the bolt and mounting hardware from the backside of the grille. Repeat this step for all three LEDs – from Passenger side to Drive Side.
4. Locate the ground terminal on the apron. It is a 10mm bolt. Follow the wire from the negative terminal on the battery to the 10mm ground bolt on the apron. With the negative terminal on the battery disconnected (optional), remove the bolt to add your harnesses’ ground terminal (circular end). Re-tighten the ground terminal to the apron.
5. Once your LED lights are secure to your grille you’ll want to run your wiring harness along the driver side fender and battery leading the harness to the fuse box. Secure the harness along the way using the provided Zip Ties.
Note: some variations of our harnesses may be secured at points other than the one pictured below. Do not attempt to stretch the harness to reach any mounting point as it may compromise the strength of the connections.
6. The green single wire in this picture is used to show where the power will enter the fuse box. The power wire does not need to be pushed into the fuse box slot as shown here if you cut a small slot for the wire on the fuse box cover. If you prefer you can slide the add-a-fuse into the Fuse box where the pre-existing wiring harness enter the box. This is the suggested installation method.
Please see the next picture for the “Add-A-Fuse” location – there are a few different installation locations for the Add-A-Fuse depending on your vehicle and options. Your fuse box may look different than the photo below.
7. Remove the Red 10 Amp INJ fuse or and insert the Add-A-Fuse in its place.