YotaLeds.com Tacoma LED Grille Lights Wiring Harness Installation Guide
Please reference the following installation guide to install your new LED Grille Lights, Brackets and Wiring Harness for your 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma. Professional installation is always highly recommended.
We are not liable for any damage to your vehicle or otherwise that may occur.
After installation, be sure to post a photo on social media! Please tag us at @ToyotaLeds and use #ToyotaLeds on Instagram so we can repost your photo!
- Complete Insulated Wiring Harness with 3x LED Lights (White or Amber)
- 3x Custom Laser Cut Brackets and Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- Add-a-circuit with 2 Fuses
- Zip-Ties for Harness Securing
- Flathead Screwdriver
- 10mm Socket
Tacoma LED Grille Lights Step by Step Installation
1. Open your Tacoma’s hood to gain access to the area behind the grille for the LED installation.
2. Lay out the wiring harness behind the grille – each LED bracket is designed to fit in their specific slots – as shown Left to Right in the image above.
Start with the passenger side LED, separating the LED from the bracket and mounting hardware so that the LED and Bracket can be passed through the grille from the back.
3. Secure the LEDs with the bolt and mounting hardware from the backside of the grille. Repeat this step for all three LEDs – from Passenger side to Drive Side.
4. Locate the ground terminal on the apron. It is a 10mm bolt. Follow the wire from the negative terminal on the battery to the 10mm ground bolt on the apron. With the negative terminal on the battery disconnected (optional), remove the bolt to add your harnesses’ ground terminal (circular end). Re-tighten the ground terminal to the apron.
5. Once your LED lights are secure to your grille you’ll want to run your wiring harness along the driver side fender and battery leading the harness to the fuse box. Secure the harness along the way using the provided Zip Ties.
Note: some variations of our harnesses may be secured at points other than the one pictured below. Do not attempt to stretch the harness to reach any mounting point as it may compromise the strength of the connections.
6. The green single wire in this picture is used to show where the power will enter the fuse box. The power wire does not need to be pushed into the fuse box slot as shown here if you cut a small slot for the wire on the fuse box cover.
We do not recommend cutting the fuse box bottom half for the passage. If you cut the lid only, you can replace the lid easily in the future, should you wish to remove the grille light harness.
Please see the next picture for the “Add-A-Fuse” location – there are a few different installation locations for the Add-A-Fuse depending on your vehicle and options. Your fuse box may look different than the photo below.
7. Remove the Red 10 Amp INJ fuse or and insert the Add-A-Fuse in its place.